Notes / Directions
- Deli sliced ham dehydrates exactly like deli turkey.
- Whatever you do, don't use regular ham. It will not rehydrate properly.
- Due to the relatively high fat content of packaged ham, store it in a refrigerator until ready to use.
- I do not recommend using it as an ingredient for trips in excess of a week as it will likely go rancid.
- Typically, the cheaper the sliced ham the better it will rehydrate. Don't waste your money on expensive stuff.
- It should be leathery and semi-crunchy when completely dry.
- You may notice splotches of oil; toss it in a bag lined with paper towels and shake to remove excess fat.