Notes / Directions
- Deli sliced turkey is one of the few proteins that rehydrates very well and has a great texture and taste.
- If possible, get the thinnest possible slices and avoid thick cuts.
- It's not necessary to chop up the turkey, but it makes it easier to handle and add to meals. If you use full slices, be sure to separate them before drying.
- Once dried, the turkey will be crunchy. If it's still pliable, it needs more time in the dehydrator.
- The fat content in packaged turkey meat is around 4%, and will result in a pretty greasy end product. Be sure to properly store it after dehydration because it won't last as long as other ingredients.
- Optionally, rinse the turkey under hot water before dehydrating to extend shelf life; and store refrigerated until ready to use.