Notes / Directions
- Use the leanest possible ground beef you can find.
- Cook in a pan without adding any additional oil.
- Use a spatula to break the ground beef into smaller sizes.
- Cook until no longer pink, but avoid overcooking.
- Drain the cooked beef with a colander (but not into the sink, unless you want to call the plumber).
- Rinse beef under the faucet with hot water until no longer greasy or beef squeaks between fingers, take this time to also break up big clumps.
- Depending on the size it can dry very quick, rotate and stir trays half way through to ensure even drying.
- Use ParaFlexx or parchment liner because beef shrinks a lot and will fall through the mesh.