Notes / Directions
- Frozen broccoli is one of the easiest things to dehydrate since they're already blanched and cut.
- Use the frozen variety that contains stems, as they'll be more hearty and survive rehydration a lot better.
- If using fresh broccoli, retain the stems and avoid cutting too close to the floret. Give it plenty of stem to hold together otherwise the floret will fall apart when dry.
- Blanch or steam very briefly, but do not overcook the broccoli. It shoud not be fork tender, but rather have a crunch in the center.
- During the rehydration process the broccoli may fall apart pretty significantly, it's pretty unavoidable.